Please help me figure out why I'm getting "Could not find any resources appropriate .." err

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I get the following error when the aspx page that receives the POST is different from the aspx page that reponds to the GET:

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "Idunno.AntiCsrf.Properties.Resources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "Idunno.AntiCSRF" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "Idunno.AntiCsrf.Properties.Resources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "Idunno.AntiCSRF" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "Idunno.AntiCsrf.Properties.Resources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "Idunno.AntiCSRF" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.]
   System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +7676578
   System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +583
   System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +583
   System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture) +74
   Idunno.AntiCsrf.Properties.Resources.get_exceptionMessageFormFieldMissing() +27
   Idunno.AntiCsrf.AntiCsrfModule.PreRequestHandlerExecute(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +640
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

<!-- [MissingManifestResourceException]: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "Idunno.AntiCsrf.Properties.Resources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "Idunno.AntiCSRF" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed. at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture) at Idunno.AntiCsrf.Properties.Resources.get_exceptionMessageFormFieldMissing() at Idunno.AntiCsrf.AntiCsrfModule.PreRequestHandlerExecute(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) --><!-- This error page might contain sensitive information because ASP.NET is configured to show verbose error messages using <customErrors mode="Off"/>. Consider using <customErrors mode="On"/> or <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/> in production environments.-->
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 11:44 PM

You're not the first person to see this, and I can't reproduce it myself.

Could you download the source and in the assemblyinfo.cs file remove the following two lines and let me know if that solves it?

[assembly: AssemblyCulture("")]
[assembly: NeutralResourcesLanguageAttribute("en")]
Feb 6, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Hi

I have this issue and I try setting culture features in my project, but i can't do it, because mi c# programming skill is very basic.

So I download the source AntiCSRF-35092.zip and recompile Releases\0.9.1 Beta source.

Later I remove the original DLL Idunno.AntiCsrf.dll from my project and copy the new DLL resulted from recompilated source with this lines removed from assemblyinfo.cs: 

[assembly: AssemblyCulture("")]
[assembly: NeutralResourcesLanguageAttribute("en")]

The aplication works fine!!! My web.config just redirect to html page in csrf attack detected, so I will try the detectionResult="RaiseException" feature for logging this atacks.

I hope this info result useful for somebody.

See you!